The Elgin Mount Pandim offers a unique and personal tryst with the Himalayas. Set in eight acres of virgin forest and landscaped gardens, it revokes the old world charm created by its first owners – the royal family of Sikkim and offers a peaceful retreat about one hundred and fifty kilometers from Siliguri, with a glorious view of the Singalila range. The three hundred year old Pemayangtse monastery, is right next to the resort on a verdant hill top covered by moist temperate Oak forests.
The resort offers an excellent vantage point for watching rare birds including the Green-tailed sunbirds, Rufous-gorgeted Flycatchers, Scimiter Babblers and Laughing thrushes.
The bedrooms are set in the midst of an atmosphere of greenery in the heart of Pemayangtse.
Each of the 30 rooms overlook the Singalila range with a magnificent view from the windows. Each room is different with subtle tasteful colours to showcase the design elements that surrounded royalty of yore. The rooms are quiet, elegant and expansive with an air of serenity about them, which reflects a typical Sikkimese ambiance.
RESORT FACILITIES :
- Library, In-House movie library
- Business centre services, Meetings and Conference facilities
- 24 hours In room-dining
- Designer toiletries by Salveo Botanicals in all bathrooms
- Attached private bath with shower, Bathrobes & bath slippers
- 26 inch Samsung LCD TV’s in all rooms
- 24 hours Concierge
- Activity centre for children
- Afternoon tea lounge
- Wireless Internet Access In the Hotel Lounge
- Teak armoire
- Minibar in all suites
- 24 Hours laundry service
- Mountain bikes on rent
- Baby sitting
- Multi-cuisine dining room
- In-room mini bars in all suites
- Complimentary tea/coffee making facilities in all rooms