History

The "Nor-Khill" translates to the "house of jewels". Jewels here refers to the wealth of the natural beauty on display - the mountains, the valleys, the flowers and the fruits. The Kanchen garden in the hotel used to be a favourite spot of the Chogyal (King of Sikkim), who would set up his easel and paint for hours. Built by the King of Sikkim in 1932 around a beautiful garden, the Nor-Khill served as his royal guesthouse for receiving Heads of states and dignitaries, the Nor-Khill was acquired by Mr B.R Oberoi also fondly known as Diamond Oberoi from the Oberoi family of hoteliers in the year 1975.

Book Now